The major wildfires of the last few weeks have now been put out or contained but the threat of...Read More
Author: Edward Cowley
In what people are calling the Greta Thunberg effect, NGOs are reporting a fourfold increase in...Read More
Fire chiefs in Australia are warning that New South Wales, the worst affected state, is facing a...Read More
A new study by 11,000 scientists based on data collected over 40 years has found that the threat...Read More
A damning inquiry by the Joint Committee on Human Rights has found that young people with autism...Read More
Most immigrants – except for the very rich – face a maze of bureaucracy and hostility in the...Read More
With ten wildfires burning in California, a new blaze has engulfed homes in San Bernardino, as...Read More
As the EU has granted a 3-month flextension, or flexible extension, to Brexit until the 31st of...Read More
Monica de Bolle, a prominent American economist, has warned that the Amazon rainforest is just two...Read More
US President Donald Trump will officially begin to withdraw the US from the Paris climate accord,...Read More
Research by green groups has shown that the five major global oil and gas companies have spent...Read More
Edward has been a news reporter in Moscow and has written features for the Sunday Times and the Moscow Times.
Some of the places he has worked at include RT (Russia Today) and BBC World.As well as Russia and the former CIS, Edward specialises on the environment and has directed a half hour film on the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster.
At Belong, Edward has developed a strong environmental slant for the magazine, including a series of features focussing on environmental problems. The environment affects all of us and Belong is a magazine with an international outlook, with stories from all around the world.
Latest posts by Edward Cowley (see all)
- Why is California So at Risk from Wildfires? - 13th November 2019
- Carbon Offsetting is Growing but Does it Make a Difference? - 11th November 2019
- Three Confirmed Dead as Australia Prepares for “Catastrophic” Bushfires - 11th November 2019
- As a Commonwealth Citizen in Britain, I Can Vote. But Should I?
- Social Media Empowered Protesters, Now it’s Suppressing Them
- What’s Happening at Hong Kong’s Polytechnic University?
- A Dutch Christmas: The Racist Origins of ‘Black Pete’
- Deforestation in the Amazon Has Reached Soaring Levels Under Bolsonaro Government